Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Falling behind

You know, I think falling behind several times is a nanowrimo necessity.  Instead of writing, I washed the dishes and baked some GF chocolate chip cookies... and, I've come across one bit of knowledge...

The VERY EXPENSIVE egg replacer that is referenced in the GF Gourmet is essentially Baking Powder.  At least in the cookies, you can sub it 1:1 with baking powder and they'll turn out ok. The flavor of the cookie is enough to mask the taste.... and the cookies turn out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow, we're gonna try another recipe.  Right now though, I'm gonna pull those last cookies out of the oven and then, I'm going to sit and see if I can at least get a couple words on the page.  I have a goal to hit-- and that's 3.5k words today.  Very doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment